- Educated/Not Educated
- Attractive/Not so attractive
- Haves/Have not’s etc. etc.
Sadly, divisions can also take place with people of faith too. (i.e. Non-Christian vs. Christians. Denomination vs. Denomination. Doctrine against Doctrine.)
I read an article the other day that states….
98% of what Christian bloggers write is only read by other Christians.
My first thought was….“Oh no! I am a Christian blogger!”
And it stated…..Instead of evangelizing as initially intended….Christians can get caught up in our own talk, dialect, online club, non-Christians can’t relate to.
And as much as I am one. Turn to. Read. And love my fellow Christian bloggers. I don’t want my blog to be just another social circle. Another place that excludes people. A world where only “certain” people feel they can fit in.
I want something more. I want a blog that is an open door. I want a blog that includes people of all denominations, all sects, all cultures. A broad array and spectrum and wide variety of people.
Because I often wonder, how different are we from each other, really? After all, geneticists say all humans are 99.9 % the same.
And as I read God’s Word, I see. Jesus did a few things….
- Jesus stepped outside the church. The place Christian’s often feel most safe.
- Jesus crossed all boundaries of economic status, religion, and race.
- Jesus challenged us beyond the “us vs them” mentality.
- Jesus, instead of waiting for non-Christian to enter the Synagogues of His day….Jesus went out and fearlessly engaged with “them”.
- Jesus mingled with “unrespectable” people. Jesus found points of connections with “the least of these”. All people.
- Jesus didn’t just reside in Pharisee and Sadducee circles.
- And ultimately, most importantly, above all else……..Jesus loved…...
And it is this great commandment that plagues my thinking….my heart and desire to help bloggers unite. Whether…..
- A life long Christ follower.
- A church pew warmer.
- One who straggles in only on Christmas and Easter…..or….
- One who never goes to church at all.
You are welcome here!!! I am, or at one time or another, have been just like you.
And my heart is not to judge….but to welcome YOU!
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS
- Come. Let us get to know you.
- Join…..“Unite the Blogger-Sphere” where there are really NO RULES.
- Link your blog up here. Then, if you will, post our UNITE button or some kind of link on the post you link up here. (Just copy & paste the code on the right below the button to your html)
- Take time to read. Let us get to “meet” you. And if there is time, comment on a few people.
And if you get a chance, while looking through others blogs….ask…..
Are we really all that different?
What’s the common thread that intertwines us?
What can we learn from one another?
* (Family Friendly “G” Rated Material only please.)
Click “Home” each Tuesday to unveil the latest Link-up event for UNITE. It’s all about community and you.
Yes, YOU have an open invitation here each Tuesday. Will you join us?