“She was mean to me”, “They excluded me”, “He violated me”. Haven’t we all heard them…the excuses people use to justify building walls around themselves?
And yet it is clear, those who love much, will have to overcome offense.
Still, every grudge we hold is like taking a brick and placing it between us and the other person.
As time goes on, offenses can cause us to build an entire fortress around ourselves, without us even realizing it.
Proverbs 18:19 tells us, “A brother offended is more unyielding than a strong city, and quarreling is like the bars of a castle.”
In Bible times, walls were common. They existed around cities and groups of people. Another name for these fortresses is, “defensive walls”.
And yet, haven’t we all gotten “defensive” when another has hurt us; put up walls, placed bricks, put up barriers in hopes to protect ourselves?
As Missional Women, we can’t afford to get defensive, let walls of offense be built up between us and those we are ministering to, if we want to reach the nations.
Scripture says, offense is like a stumbling block, or the stick holding up a trap. When tapped, it imprisons us.
But, let’s not take the bait.
Matthew 24:10-12 says in the last days many will be offended, betray and hate each other. Yet, there are ways we can live with unoffendable hearts.
- Forgive Others Words…
**And don’t forget to link below…
(Linking with fdean.hackett)
UNITE LINK PARTY
It is time to link up your blog at UNITE, an all-inclusive, no-rules, blog hop!
Here are some tips to a better party:
- Add a link to a family, friendly post
- Consider comment on one or more of the posts before yours
- Link back, and/or consider following us on Facebook or Twitter, so you won’t miss the next link up!
Thanks for join us at UNITE!
Latest posts by Jen Avellaneda (see all)
- Neglect to Wanted, Fear to Freedom, Forgotten to Loved – A Story of International Adoption - November 30, 2017
- Adoption Stories Guaranteed To Move You #UNITE Linky - November 28, 2017
- Adoption Stories: A Dad’s Letter to His First Son - November 22, 2017