Honestly, it didn’t make sense. Traveling back to the same place we had already went.
Bringing a few people who just might be useful.
But then, He breathes. Slowly, softly. He whispers to the heart, and I know, if we drown that, we will soon be quenching what He is speaking…
And navigating, will be left to us completely.
And one thing I know for sure, is that I don’t now the way.
So, I listen.
Listen to what He wants. Follow my husband who feels this call to return to China.
And I don’t know what God has put on your hearts. What vision rests deep, what passion stirs you to walk, different from the rest…
But, I have to say blessing sits at the other end of obedience.
Joy, peace and contentment wait, when you follow His Spirit, let Him be the Good Shepherd, us just His servants.
There was a face. Smiles so big, it was like the sun eclipsing, behind the face of the moon.
And I wanted to take him home. Wanted to give all these children, a place to be seen and known, not just temporarily…but forever.
For, God doesn’t make unwanted children.
He loves them all. His passion is to set the lowly in families.
His heart is that none should be lost, that we all should not just pray, but ask, then respond to this call to go and help the broken.
And I wonder if we don’t serve because sometimes we forget how we too were once lost, dismantled, broken, needy?
- Do we love being blind in our cushioned lives, boasting and complaining, forgetting we are servants and He alone is the master?
- Do we remember when we were slaves to our own disabilities? Caught up in sin? Bound by the chains that once so easily entangled us?
- Won’t we remember? Snap back to that moment, of His redemption in us?
- Never forget, continually repent, go back to the reason we committed to being bond-servants to Him?
- Remember…not just for us, but so we can fully, more adequately live in service to Him?
Can’t we run with His vision, because broken pieces need hands and feet, God asks for servants to say, “yes” to His purposes. Won’t we quiet our souls and listen to where He is leading?
Let’s refuse to let busi-ness drown His still small voice, or be captivated by the
proud that say He speaks only in bellowing thunder.
Won’t we rise to the fire, The Light that shines in us…
And follow His calling, His purposes, His promises to use us to bring redemption wherever He leads us.
As you read this, my prayer is that He will highlight your purpose, illuminate your direction, use His Word as a lamp unto your feet and a light unto your path.
Won’t you silent the noise all around you, get low, willingly humble yourself to hear His great call?
- I pray the courage of The Great Lion inside you.
- His breath would be your fire.
- His heart would pound strong inside you.
- The noise of the world would draw dim.
- The naysayers, condemners, the judgers and idolaters would mean nothing compared to your great desire to only please Him.
- I pray love would rise like a tidalwave.
- Your eyes would be fixed on His purposes.
- May your thoughts be single-minded.
- Your life be totally surrendered.
- Your purposes be solely to glorify, Him and Him alone.
- My prayer is that you know the glory and wonder and the amazement of Him and Him alone…
- And that no man-made praise, no earthly wealth, the desire to please anyone on earth would pail in comparison to following His vision inside you.
You are not hearing wrong. You are His child, most loved, adored, equipped for His perfect purposes.
Yes, you were made to rise!
What would you do, if you knew you wouldn’t fail? What vision has He put in you, that if you died today, you would grieve for not accomplishing?
UNITE LINK PARTY
UNITE is an ALL-INCLUSIVE, NO RULES Blog Hop.
Add a post below and then would you link back via Facebook, Twitter, or some other form of social media?
Thanks for joining us! Enjoy the great posts below!
Latest posts by Jen Avellaneda (see all)
- When You’re Not Who You Thought You Were #UNITE - April 18, 2017
- What if Your in the Middle of a Miracle and Don’t Even Know It? - April 14, 2017
- 8 Ways God Still Speaks Today - April 11, 2017