My husband and I went to the lunch the other day and we were talking about how obsolete the name of Jesus is becoming.
How it can be easier to talk about anything, really, other than Jesus….and somehow it’s acceptable.
Yet, the stone the builders reject is the cornerstone. (1 Peter 2:7-8)
The cross is foolish to those who are perishing, but to those who are saved, it’s the power of God. (1 Cor 1:18)
And as a result of this political correctness…
We can take our faith and hide it away in a closet of shame, feeling fearful or intimated.
Yet, some say, our silence is a way we evangelize people. Other’s say, it is our job to be muted, as if a deaf gospel somehow might glorify Jesus.
But, I say, it’s time Christian’s speak out. I believe, God wants to empower people who are more fearful of offending God, than fearful of people.
Galations 1:10 tells us, “For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.”
How might the world change, if believers stopped feeling intimdated, ashamed, locked in guilt, fear, and condemnation…..and brought their faith out of their closets?
What if we professed confidently and boldly that our God is more than some trinket or commodity we can hide and keep hidden in our homes or closets?
- What if when we profess Jesus unintimidatingly, we truly believed our Savior will then profess us to the Father when we get to heaven. (Luke 12:8, Matt 10:32)
- What if we were not ashamed of the gospel that is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes? (Romans 1:16)
- Isn’t it when we confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord, and confess it in our hearts, we can trust and understand, and know that we will be saved? (Romans 10:9)
Jesus never said, stuff your faith in a closet.
I mean, how is God glorified by our silence?
All throughout scripture we see that even when Christ told people to keep silent about their encounter with Him, the people refused to stay muted…
The joy from encountering Jesus always trumps people’s rules and mandates to say nothing.
So, this is my challenge. At UNITE this week, will you consider writing, or taking a short video of your own talking about how you are taking your faith out of the closet?
Will you share this video, or hashtag #ChristainsComingOut and start a movement of believers who are bold, unafraid, unashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ?
“Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” ~ Acts 4:12
It’s time for UNITE!
Please share and post a link below. It can be any family friendly post, it doesn’t have to be a vlog or related to this topic!
Latest posts by Jen Avellaneda (see all)
- How Hearing God for Ourselves, Shatters Religion and Rules - May 26, 2017
- “Shall I Crucify Your King?” #UNITE Linky - May 23, 2017
- The Secret Miracle of Parenthood - May 19, 2017